Friday, April 24, 2009

its been a long while...


*if you haven't seen the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are... go do it now :)*
 
Alright so I've been dying to write another post but I haven't had much time and that has left me with a lot to update on.  

First, on the 17th I had work but then Grayson, Albert, and Jim surprised me and took me out to eat to celebrate my birthday. Then they surprised me again because they had actually gotten me a present and I had totally not expected it. It ended up being a DS and the pokemon platinum game. Its weird because I had actually been thinking about getting one but hadn't told anyone. :) It was a good night especially because I got to see Albert. :)

Then on the 18th my family celebrated my 23rd birthday. It was really fun and we all had a great time eating great food and playing silly games like pin the tail on the donkey. The whole time I was wearing this bright colored feather boa my youngest sister got me and I was leaving feathers everywhere I went. I got a lot of great gifts, but I totally felt like a nerd because most of them were books... hahaha :) Oh I also got to watch my little cousin do the long jump in a track and field competition in the morning and he ended up getting a medal for third place!

On the 19th I started and finished French Milk, its one of the books I got as a gift. And man oh man, it made me want to start my own comic-ish journal. Not only that but it made me want to learn french and go to France. hahaha... Oh and I forgot one of the most exciting parts of the day, to my surprise AG updated WA. Ch. 48 was the reunion chapter and I had been waiting for it with actually quite a bit of patients. To say the least it did not disappoint . :) 

The 20th I had work again but as soon as my shift was over I bought a Coldplay cd and the game Rhythm Heaven for my new DS. Oh and then I went to Barns & Noble and bought a small sketchbook and a three pack of small blank page journals. I couldn't wait to start my comic-ish journal I even had a name picked out for it already. :) Too bad I've kinda failed at making a habit of drawing/writing in it but I'l catch up soon enough. :P

On the 22nd I went out to breakfast with Jolene we went to this place in the Orange Circle, I think it was called the Blue Frog or something like that. Anyways it was a lot of fun hanging out with her and we actually spent quite a while just sitting around and talking about work and our classes. She even told me about this YA novel she is writing and I was seriously sucked in even though she just gave me the quick run through of what she had written so far I really wish it was a published book so I could get it and read it.  She really has talent! :)

Then on the 23rd I woke up and was definitely not feeling good but I toughed it out and went to my morning class anyways. That turned out to be not a good idea especially because I had to take the bus home and it was entirely too cold for me to be walking outside. I was not up to sitting in a class drawing for four hours so I didn't go to my night class hoping to be better by the next day.

So I wake up the next day, the 24th, and I was actually feeling better but at around 1ish Jolene texted me saying she wasn't feeling to good and that she might not be able to go out that night like we had planned. Turns out after she woke up from a nap she was feeling worse so we didn't go out. It was okay though because I wasn't completely better yet so it was probably for the best that I stay home. I also got a great consolation prize... AG updated her live journal with ch. 2 from Of Gemini & Gypsies and man oh man it was great but it kinda ended in a cliff hanger type of way which really made me wish that I didn't have to wait for the next chapter :( Oh well :)

Sat the 25th. I got up super early took a shower and walked my aunts dogs like I had been doing for pretty much the whole week, which was probably why I was still a little sick. Then I got back to the house and finished getting really to go help out at a one day retreat that one of my aunts had put together. It was really a pretty fun thing especially because I was helping out by watching over a big group of kids. They were all pretty well behaved and really enjoyed playing whatever games we came up with. Overall a really good day. :)

Sun the 26th got up early again did my routine including the dog walking and then went to 10 o'clock mass. Then at 1 I had this meeting at St. Peter Chanel Church. They have a special group that gets together and a Father gives a lecture and then we divide into smaller groups and talk about how our daily holy hours went. But it was only the first meeting so we just had a longer lecture and no sharing time. To be honest I'm pretty nervous about the whole sharing and I'm not even very sure that I've been doing my holy hour write ups the right way.   

Mon the 27th, I open at work again its pretty uneventful but I get to see Jolene for a tiny bit and we end up making plans to have a bonfire on Friday so I'm excited. :) i get home and work on a hand study i need to do for my life drawing class. I get half of it done and it come out pretty good. (at least thats what I think. hahaha)

Tues the 28th, wow I just noticed that I totally skipped writing about the Tuesday before this and really its because I do nothing but go to classes on Tuesday. I have class at 8:30am-9:45am and then I go to the library from about half an hour to an hour and then George (my brother) and I go and get something to eat. Most of the time its the amazing turkey and avocado sandwich from Togos. And let me tell you it is seriously the best sandwich in the world! hahaha... Anyways then I sit around and read or draw (mostly read) until my next class which doesn't start until 1pm. Then I get out at 3:30ish, sometimes a little earlier or a little later, and then I go home until 6:30pm when I head back to CSUF for my 7pm class which doesn't end until 9:45pm. So those are my Tuesdays, at least for this semester. :)

Wed the 29th, well I went to work with my mom. (she cleans houses) Then we went to Sam's Club to do groceries. Then when I got home I got on my computer and to my surprise AG updated WA and I read ch. 49 instead of finishing my drawing for my life drawing class. Anyways as soon as I finished reading the chapter I worked on my drawing and while I was working on it my aunt and uncle came over with my little cousins (Emmanuel and Niki) and I end up buying some frozen blackberry cobbler and cheese cake for a school fundraiser Emmanuel was doing.

Thurs the 30th, went to my two classes like always. Found out that I didn't miss much from the class I didn't go to because I was sick. But I did miss out on going home a little earlier because of an earthquake. Anyways this time around I was just sitting around while the model had a break when I get a text from my friend Albert asking if I'd be up for going to a midnight showing of X- Men Origins: Wolverine. And of course I was up for it! :) So Grayson, Jim, Albert, and I go to the Garden Walk in Anahiem buy our tickets and then we end up eating at this bar called Louie's Bar, mostly because its the only place still open and serving food. The waitress was really nice and though the music was not the kind I normally listen to I knew some of the songs so I ended up singing along to most of them. Then we went and saw the movie.... sadly it was not all it was hyped up to be. The "special" effects were not very good so I ended up focusing on how much that annoyed me than the actual movie. But from what I did pay attention to it was an alright film.

Fri the 1st, I get up semi early start a load of laundry and take a shower and head out by 11:10 ish to the Goodwill with my youngest sister to buy somethings to make a pirate costume for Grayson's 21st Birthday party. I find a shirt right away but then when I start to look for leather pants to use to make a corset and tricorn hat out of I start to get a little worried 'cause I'm not finding any. Then I head over to the women's skirt racks and I hit the jack-pot. I ended up buying the shirt, 3 leather skirts, and a pair of high heel shoes. The shoes weren't on the list but I really liked them and they fit really well so I couldn't pass them up. Then I spent the rest of the day at home getting things together for one of my art classes and finishing up my laundry. Then at 8:30ish my friend Jolene came and picked me up and we went out to eat. We ended up going to this greek place in Costa Mesa and it was actually pretty good. :) Then we headed over to Best Buy 'cause Jolene needed to buy some gifts for an uncle and her dad. We made it there before it closed and then on our way out John (Jolene's friend from work) was in the parking lot and they started talking and the three of us ended up deciding to go to the beach and get some ice cream. Right when we decide we're gonna take johns awesome Nova he gets a call from his girlfriend and takes forever. While we are waiting for him to get off the phone Ryan (Jolene's BF) and Charlie (another guy from work) come out and Jolene gets them to come along. So we all head to Newport Beach and when Charlie finally gets there we go in to this small place and get out "ice cream." Only one out of the five of us actually got something with ice cream. hahaha... Then we walk out and around the pier talking about random stuff and some work stuff. It got windy but it was pretty comfortable temperature wise. We were all having fun talking about some of the drama going on at work that we kinda lost track of time and didn't leave the beach until almost 2am. I really had a lot of fun just hanging out. Hopefully we get to do the bonfire we had originally planned soon. :)

And finally I've caught up and gotten to today. Nothing too big happened just stayed home organized all my shoes in my closet 'cause they were a complete mess. Listened to some amazing music and copied some lyrics into a note book 'cause they were just that good. I cleaned my part of the kitchen. Went over the lesson plan for the confirmation class I teach at my church. And then when dinner was ready I ended up getting getting sucked into this show about "lonely" animals. Really it was about animals that were going extinct and it was pretty interesting but at the same time kinda sad. Now I'm in my room typing this and its time to wrap it up 'cause I still need to do my holy hour for the day. :)

Until next time! Hopefully it wont take me forever to update again so I can save myself from another epic two week update.

<3 Banana

No comments: